Cynthia has had an active litigation practice since graduating from Washburn University School of Law in 1984. Her experience includes serving as defense counsel in numerous product liability, employment, medical and chiropractic malpractice, premises liability, and personal injury cases. She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Product Liability Defense. She is defense counsel in asbestos cases and has represented manufacturers of medical devices, personal products, drugs, chemicals, and other products in product liability cases. She services as defense counsel in medical and chiropractic malpractice actions. She represents individual health care providers in administrative matters before the Kansas Board of Healing Arts and the Kansas State Board of Nursing. She has experience representing clients in administrative matters before the Kansas Civil Service Board and complaints pending before the Kansas Human Rights Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission . She also represents plaintiffs in personal injury cases, including wrongful death and survival actions.
She was named to Best Lawyers 2017 for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants.
Admitted to bar, 1984, Kansas ; U.S. District Court, District of Kansas and U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit.
Education : Washburn University, Topeka, KS ( B.A., cum laude, 1981; J.D., 1984). Faculty lecturer: Kansas Trial Lawyers Association, National Business Institute 2015.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law & Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
- Insurance Law and Defense
- Corporate, Commercial, and Business Litigation
- Regulatory, Audit and Corporate Compliance
- Administrative, Regulatory and Licensing Law
- Representation of Physicians, Clinics, Hospitals, joint ventures, nursing homes, long term care facilities, etc.
- Peer Review, Risk Management, and Board and Medical Staff governance
- Medical malpractice and nursing home defense
- Healthcare and hospital business law litigation
- Professional licensing and disciplinary actions
- Administrative actions and appeals, judicial review and appellate practice
- Litigation and Appellate Practice
- Workers’ Compensation defense
- EEOC/Employment Discrimination Defense
- Professional liability defense
- Chiropractic defense
- General Civil Litigation
- Toxic Torts
- Environmental Law