Patricia practices primarily in the area of labor and employment law, including; litigation, arbitration, and consultation. She represents corporations, non-profits, and individuals in U.S. District Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, the U.S. Supreme Court, and state district and appellate courts. She has extensive litigation experience in matters involving Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Pay Act, state discrimination laws and public sector labor and employment laws. She also represents clients in administrative complaints pending before the Kansas Human Rights Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Public Employee Relations Board.
Admitted to bar, 1977, Kansas; 2010, Missouri; U.S. District Court, District of Kansas; U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit and U.S. Supreme Court.
Education: Southern Methodist University and Washburn University of Topeka (B.Ed. 1971; J.D., cum laude, 1976).
Member: Topeka, Kansas, and American Bar Associations; Defense Research Institute, Inc.; Litigation Counsel of America; Women Attorneys Association of Topeka; Kansas Women Attorneys Association.
- Named to Best Lawyers 2017 for Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants.
- Named 2016 Lawyer of the Year for Labor Law – Management – Topeka by Best Lawyers in America
- Awarded 2015 Kansas Bar Association Outstanding Service Award
- Named 2015 Lawyer of the Year in Employment Law – Management – Topeka by the Best Lawyers in America
- Named 2014 Lawyer of the year in Labor Law – Management – Topeka, by the Best Lawyers in America
- Named 2013 Lawyer of the year in Employment Law – Management – Topeka, by the Best Lawyers in America
- Licensed in both Kansas and Missouri
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating for legal ability and professional ethics
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2007 in the areas of Employment Law-Management, Labor Law-Management, and Product Liability Litigation
- Named by Ingram’s Business Journal as one of the Best Lawyers in Kansas City since 2010
- Fellow in Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law and Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Product Liability